“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 26, 2020
Reference No: P20-006
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local, charitable, non-profit home health care and community support service organization. We offer a wide range of programs and services, supporting clients of all ages-and their caregivers. Our skilled staff work closely with clients, caregivers and other members within the circle of care, to create and deliver a flexible care plan that is tailored to the individual’s needs.
As a full-time Personal Support Worker at Carefor, you will be responsible for providing services to clients both in their own homes and in retirement home settings. You will be guaranteed a minimum of thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hours per week. As a full-time Carefor employee, you will be eligible for a full benefit package including holidays, medical/dental benefits, long term disability and Carefor pension plan.
What we offer:
· Up to $19.00/hr (for direct client care) plus premiums for weekend and evening shifts, plus $4.00/hr pandemic pay
· Paid travel time
· Benefits Package (Full-time employees)
· Pension (Full and Part-time employees)
· Paid continuing education, training and professional development
· Paid orientation and preceptorship
· Education bursaries
· Supportive work environment
- PSW/DSW/HCA Foreign Trained Nurse, Student Nurse, Paramedic
- Valid driver's license and full access to a vehicle
- Ability to service clients in any geographical area when the need arises
- Availability to provide service to clients during the day or evening hours
- Availability to provide a minimum of six (6) hours per pay every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- Enhanced Palliative Care certification is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to applicants who have shown a commitment to furthering their job related skills through training and education
- Vulnerable Sector check (within previous six months)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in various social and economic environments
- Ability to work independantly
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification considered an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.