“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: February 25, 2020
Reference No: 020-007
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Reporting to the Controller, the Administration and Finance Float provides coverage and back-up support to various administrative and finance positions, while following organization guidelines, policies, and procedures. This coverage includes, but is not limited to, positions in accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, billing processing, billing verification and records.
- Performs the full range of duties as outlined in individual job descriptions for required positions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, billing processing, billing verification and records
- Coverage of leaves of absence and workload pressures for administrative and finance functions
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service by responding professionally to the needs of clients and internal customers and ensuring service meets expectations
- Contributes to continuous quality improvement measures by evaluating on-going work processes to ensure efficiency and productivity
- Adapts to changing deadlines and tasks, and works as part of team to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies and procedures, and participates in training as necessary
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an accounting or business administration field
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible accounting experience or suitable combination of education and experience
- Community health care knowledge and experience is an asset
- High proficiency in operating computer and word processing software is required, including all Microsoft Office packages
- Familiarity with Quadrant, Great Plains and/or other similar financial systems is an asset
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility in accepting a variety of assignments, and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.