“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: February 20, 2020
Reference No: H20-01
Position(s): One (1) Casual Homemaker-Ottawa
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Homemaker provides homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. The Homemaker will collaborate with the Program Coordinator to meet the needs of clients and attain an optimal level of independence in the home environment.
This position will be required to work in Orleans, and Rural East, Southeast, and Southern areas within and surrounding Ottawa. Access to a vehicle is preferred.
- Maintain a clean, safe, home environment
- Sweep, vacuum, sponge mop floors
- Dust furniture
- Clean bathrooms
- Change bed linens, wash, dry personal clothing and linens
- Collect garbage from all rooms and dispose in designated trash bins
- Wash and dry dishes
- Wash fridge and stove (as required)
- Follow infection control policies and procedures for housekeeping
- Reports unsafe conditions or changes in client’s home environment
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Experience working with elderly/vulnerable sector
- Vulnerable Sector check within the past 6 months
- Must be able to speak English, French is a strong asset
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working with people of different background and abilities
- Access to a vehicle is preferred
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.