“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 29, 2019
Reference No: 019-045
Position(s): One (1) 0.6 FTE Regular Part-time Evening Staffing Coordinator
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
ICH Staffing Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor's approved processes to develop and maintain the master rotation for all Inner City Health staff. The ICH Staffing Coordinator also monitors the attendance line and night call voice mail box and reschedules replacements for absent shifts and records employee leave time in the scheduling software.The ICH Staffing Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. This position may provide backup for the CSS Intake and Scheduling Coordinator and provides coverage when required.
- Responds to messages and manages employee absences to ensure shifts are assigned
- Completes all required tasks to ensure each ICH unit has adequate staff scheduled to meet service
- Provides work schedules and grants time off to staff in consultation with the Supervisor that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care, while working within the provisions of collective agreements, and Labour Standards
- Works in liaison with the Program Manager to ensure they are informed of staff availability for scheduling
- Ensures client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database
- Provides timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff, services providers, co-workers, Managers and Supervisors, clients and customers
- Coordinates orientation/training for new ICH staff
- Verifies visit confirmations from field staff and processes in a timely manner to be processed by the Billing department
- Verifies payroll information for field staff in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of hours, stats and premiums
- Works collaboratively as part of a team willing to assist others and mentor new staff
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited College or University preferred
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- Experience using database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands, and demonstrated flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and circumstances
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingualism an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.