“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 7, 2019
Position(s): One (1) Corporate Accountant
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As the Corporate Accountant, you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of accounting for the monthly close at Carefor's Ottawa location. Key responsibilities include the preparation of the financial reports and statements for Carefor Ottawa programs and support departments, in accordance with GAAP, OHRS, and Carefor’s policies and timelines. You will also be responsible to maintain the financial and statistical general ledgers and participate in process improvement projects.
- Planning, directing and coordinating the posting of all activities in the general ledger to facilitate the month-end close process in a timely manner. Preparing monthly bank and account reconciliations, and ensuring appropriate allocation of expenditures
- Analyze, verify and review financial and statistical information in order to meet internal and external deadlines
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc financial reports including forecasts and cash flow projections. Monitor and reconcile the general ledger and prepare and present variance reports and explanations.
- Participate in the orientation and training of finance staff
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and makes suggestion to improve controls and accuracy
- Provide technical accounting support to other finance operational staff
- Ensure ongoing compliance with CRA regulations, OHRS, other agencies, and internal policies and procedures
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current accounting practices and relevant legislation, attend training and implement changes required to meet ongoing compliance with external agencies including CRA
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or equivalent education and experience
- Three to five years experience in accounting in a mid-sized multi-program organization
- Skilled in the use of data analysis and reporting tools including advanced report design
- Knowledge and experience in areas of general ledger management, reporting and internal controls
- Experience in a not for profit organization, registered charity, unionized environment is an asset
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines
- Exercise initiative, tact, and judgment in interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.