“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 11, 2019
Reference No: O19-026
Position(s): Two (2) Full-time IT Helpdesk Technicians
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The IT Helpdesk Technician serves as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance for IT related issues or requests. The IT Helpdesk Technician provides first level technical assistance to office and mobile users for all IT related hardware, software and services.
- Communicates remotely with end users to understand, document, resolve or escalate IT issues or requests, such as permissions, connectivity, mobile and desktop hardware problems, configuration, etc.
- Uses diagnostic techniques and direct inquiry to understand user issues
- Determines the best course of action based on the issue and details provided, (e.g. repair / replace software or hardware)
- Performs remote troubleshooting
- Walks end users through the problem-solving process
- Directs unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel
- Provides accurate information to users on IT products and services
- Records events and problems, actions taken, and their resolution
- Monitors open requests, follows-up and updates end user status and information
- Records solutions to common problems in a knowledge base for future reference
- Documents end user feedback, identifies and suggests improvements on IT procedures
- Creates, maintains and contributes to technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Works with other IT staff to resolve issues and ensure that an integrated approach is taken
- Certificate or Community College diploma in Computer Science or relevant field and a minimum of one year experience as an IT Help Desk Technician or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is an asset
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, mobile devices and remote access support tools
- Strong understanding of computer systems and other technology products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer-oriented and able to deal with challenging support requirements and users
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.