“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 6, 2019
Reference No: A19-005
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Community Resource Support Worker
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Community Resource Support Worker will assist both clients and members of Carefor’s Allied Health Team. Working under the direction of the clinician, the Community Resource Support Worker will provide support and direction to clients in the form of referrals, applications and funding access. They will also complete resource research and maintain a resource library.
- Support and assist clinicians in completion of indirect client care activities
- Maintain database of community resources and funding agencies including applications, contact personnel and eligibility criteria
- Provide up to date information to clinicians regarding eligibility requirements and manner of referral for community agencies
- Liaise with and act as advocate for clients in relation to community programs and funding agencies
- Respond to requests for non-LHIN services
- Degree or diploma related to rehabilitation/allied health (OTA, PTA, Social Services Worker, Kinesiology acceptable)
- Experience or knowledge of rehabilitation field
- Experience working with vendors and working knowledge of assistive devices (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Experience working in an outreach capacity
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with both the public and interdisciplinary team members
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize responsibilities and tasks and complete scheduled work as assigned
- Possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a client centred attitude and commitment to client centred care
- Proficient with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, e-mail, Internet, etc.)
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Access to vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism (English/French) required
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.