“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 31, 2019
Reference No: ADM-005
Position(s): One (1) Supervisor, Finance and Accounting
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Reporting to the Controller, the Supervisor, Finance and Accounting oversees the revenue and billing processes for the Ottawa operations. They will lead the month and year-end close processes, financial analysis and reporting, and lead a team to ensure timely and accurate information is available to key stakeholders.
- Supervises the finance and accounting team, including mentors, coaches, cross trains, and establishes goals and work plans aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the posting of financial activities relating to the revenue streams in the Ottawa programs
- Records and reconciles government funding and meets all reporting requirements
- Prepares, verifies, and analyzes financial and statistical reports for accuracy
- Identifies and communicates matters which could have significant financial or operational implications
- Works collaboratively with operational programs to ensure data quality standards are met
- Develops and monitors internal controls, processes, and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Three years progressive experience in accounting, audit or equivalent field
- Two years supervisory experience
- Advanced skills and knowledge of integrated accounting systems and report design
- Knowledge and experience in financial analysis
- Experience developing policies, procedures, internal controls and ensuring compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, coaching, training, supervising, and mentoring ability
- Experience in a not for profit organization or registered charity is an asset
- Experience leading employees in a unionized environment is an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.