“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 25, 2019
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Physiotherapist
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The goal of Carefor’s Allied Health team is to enhance client outcomes through the effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
As part of an interdisciplinary health care team, you will be responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a flexible, 75-hour bi-weekly, schedule at a competitive salary. Carefor offers its full-time employees a company paid benefits plan, as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
- Assess and treat clients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions
- Test and measure the functioning of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary and cardiovascular systems
- Establish a clinical diagnosis and care plan for the treatment of physical problems
- Measure client’s/family’s progress towards goal achievement using objective measures
- Provide client, family or support personnel with education and training to maximize physical abilities
- Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to educate clients and families
- Identify and utilize appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manage these responsibly
- Refer client/family to appropriate levels and type of care and community resources as needed
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle.
- 2-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in community health an asset
- Bilingualism is Preferred (French/English)
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.