“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 2, 2019
Reference No: O19-020
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Communications and Fundraising Specialist
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Carefor is looking for a storyteller. We need someone who knows how to capture the essence of our organization and share it in compelling ways for various purposes including business development and fundraising. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, Marketing and Fundraising, the Communications and Fundraising Specialist will execute an integrated communications plan utilizing a variety of traditional and digital platforms. In accordance with Carefor’s communications strategy, the incumbent will help maximize Carefor’s brand visibility.
The Communications and Fundraising Specialist will also assist with the execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy by organizing and executing social media strategies, fundraising events, direct mail campaigns and other forms of internal and external communications and marketing.
- Identifies and captures stories of clients, care-partners, staff and volunteers using photo, video and text to use in communications and fundraising campaigns across all Carefor sites
- Develops and delivers integrated communications campaigns to external stakeholders through advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media
- In accordance with organizational guidelines and the communications and fundraising strategy:
- o Develops and manages content across all digital and social media platforms
- o Oversees the design, production and copy-writing of print material
- o Writes press releases, organizes press calls, and responds to routine media enquiries
- Leads the implementation of a comprehensive fundraising strategy and annual work plan
- Tracks and reports on progress toward fundraising goals
- Identifies volunteer roles, recruits and organizes volunteers for fundraising activities
- Plans, organizes and coordinates fundraising events
- Secures and coordinates sponsorship (in kind and cash)
- Manages a donor database
- Post-secondary degree in communications or a related field (e.g., marketing, journalism, or fundraising)
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, an asset
- Minimum of three-years of experience leading communications activities as well as developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience in fundraising and management of volunteers
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Premier Pro
- Experience with video production is an asset
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, planning and evaluation skills
- Bilingualism (English/French), an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.