“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 28, 2019
Reference No: PRDP19-06
Position(s): One (1) 0.5 FTE Regular Part-time Bilingual Program and Guest Assistant
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Carefor Adult Day Program is a planned program of activities designed to promote the well-being of people living with Dementia. Participants benefit from socializing with others. Caregivers benefit by getting a break from their caregiving duties while knowing that a loved one is in good hands. Carefor Adult Day programs are conveniently located in the community in safe, supportive, and cheerful environments.
Working as part of a team, the Guest House Assistant is responsible for facilitating the client’s stay at the Guest House by promoting his/her abilities/strengths. The assistant will manage the client’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual care in keeping with the mission, goals, and objectives of the program and within the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures and standards. The assistant may be responsible for a number of housekeeping duties to ensure smooth operation of the Guest House.
Under the direction of the Manager or Team Leader and in accordance with Carefor and Program policies, procedures and practices, the Program Assistant provides support for the Program Clients and their families and ensures clients well being and safety. Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this you will be expected to work the schedule as posted. However, Carefor does reserve the right to change the schedule as required
- Works with the team and engages clients with various activities throughout the day
- Assists Clients with personal care and mobility
- Planning and preparing meals
- Grocery orders
- Van escort to and from the program
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Services, Dementia, Personal Support Worker, Development Support Worker or Gerontology
- Bilingual (French/English) required
- Experience or Education in Recreation is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate required
- Food Handling Certificate is an asset
- Behaviour management and Crisis Intervention training would be an asset
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches training considered an asset
- Work/volunteer experience with Dementia clients or special needs elderly is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & experience working in a team environment
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.