“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 21, 2019
Reference No: ADM19-004
Position(s): One (1) Manager, Client Services
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Manager, Client Services leads a team of Supervisors and Client Service Coordinators to ensure a smooth flow of clients from referral through to discharge, in a client-centered manner, including: accepting client referrals; coordinating and scheduling client care visits with clinical and non-clinical staff; discharging clients and mitigating risks along the way.
The Manager, Client Services leads the care coordination team to deliver nursing, allied health and personal support services. Using a continuous quality improvement framework, the Manager promotes a culture of teamwork, learning and continuous improvement by ensuring that education, training and tools/resources are available and accessible to the team as needed. The Manager, Client Services coaches and mentors staff to achieve individual and program objectives and plays an active role in planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating service enhancement initiatives.
- Provides direction, support, and guidance to Client Services Supervisors and staff
- Contributes to the recruitment and retention of client services staff, including maintaining staffing complement, on-boarding, performance management and discipline, professional development, etc.
- Coaches, leads, trains and supports staff in achieving customer service excellence and in attaining individual and operational performance objectives
- Promotes team building and the effective resolution of team or interpersonal conflict
- In collaboration with other leaders, contributes to the development of new programs and services to meet evolving community needs and changing requirements
- Ensures that all activities performed by the program are conducted in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and organizational policies and procedures
- Promotes continuous quality improvement by monitoring, measuring and evaluating program metrics, and identifying issues and opportunities for improvement
- Works collaboratively with other members of the management team to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Participates in the management On Call Resource roster (including evening, weekend and holiday requirement)
- Champions Carefor’s client relationship management (CRM) system and tools to support optimal use for program efficiency and effectiveness; monitors performance of users to ensure the department meets contractual metrics as defined by funders
- Occasionally liaises with funder to identify issues, investigate concerns and identity solutions to improve process flow of home care services
- Undergraduate degree in business administration or related field. Master’s degree is an asset
- Minimum of two years of progressive management responsibility. Experience managing in a unionized environment is an asset
- Experience in home and community health care an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience building a highly effective team
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with quality improvement frameworks and improvement initiatives (e.g. LEAN)
- Ability to manage multiple, time sensitive priorities
- Proficiency in using client relationship management (CRM) systems, experience in using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.