“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 12, 2019
Reference No: A19-002
Position(s): One (1) Regular Part-time 0.4 FTE Social Worker
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The goal of Carefor’s Allied Health team is to enhance client outcomes through the effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
Social workers are responsible for addressing the social determinants of health (SDH) of individuals and their families in the community-as these factors often have a significant impact on health status and health outcomes. Social workers are skilled facilitators who can assist clients and families to resolve challenges related to changing health care status. They have the training and skills to provide therapeutic counselling to address mental health needs and coping ability of clients, caregivers and families. As well they are experts in system navigation, advocacy, and promoting informed decision-making.
- Assess, intervene, consult and counsel clients and their families in the community re:
- • Adjustment to illness/disability
- • Ability to cope & manage care needs – including caregiver burden
- • Ability to access need resources
- • Future care needs
- • Palliative care options and End of Life issues
- • Intergenerational family conflict
- • Abuse/neglect situations
- • Psychosocial issues and social isolation
- • Housing, Income options, Finances and Resources
- Develop care plans with clients and caregivers
- Implement strategies or interventions to achieve realistic client-centered outcomes
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Master Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the College of Social Work and Social Services of Ontario
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
- 2-5 years clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health and/or palliative care is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.