“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 28, 2019
Reference No: GH19-06
Position(s): One (1) 0.8 FTE Bilingual Term Regular Part-time position - June to August 2019
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Working as part of a team, the Guest House Assistant is responsible for facilitating the client’s stay at the Guest House by promoting his/her abilities/strengths, while supporting his/her disabilities/deficits. The assistant will manage the client’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual care in keeping with the mission, goals, and objectives of the program and within the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures and standards. The assistant may be responsible for a number of housekeeping duties to ensure smooth operation of the Guest House.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this you will be expected to work the schedule as posted. However, Carefor does reserve the right to change the schedule as required.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Services, Dementia, Personal Support Worker, Development Support Worker or Gerontology
- Bilingualism mandatory
- Experience or Education in Recreation is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate required
- Food Handling Certificate is an asset
- Behaviour management and Crisis Intervention training would be an asset
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches training considered an asset
- Work/volunteer experience with Dementia clients or special needs elderly is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & experience working in a team environment
- Bilingual (French/English) required
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.