“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 27, 2019
Reference No: GH19-07
Position(s): One (1) 0.4 FTE Bilingual Regular Part-time Position
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Working as part of a team, the Guest House Assistant is responsible for facilitating the client’s stay at the Guest House by promoting his/her abilities/strengths. The assistant will manage the client’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual care in keeping with the mission, goals, and objectives of the program and within the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures and standards. The assistant may be responsible for a number of housekeeping duties to ensure smooth operation of the Guest House.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this you will be expected to work the schedule as posted. However, Carefor does reserve the right to change the schedule as required.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Services, Dementia, Personal Support Worker, Development Support Worker or Gerontology
- Bilingualism mandatory
- Experience or Education in Recreation is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate required
- Food Handling Certificate is an asset
- Behaviour management and Crisis Intervention training would be an asset
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches training considered an asset
- Work/volunteer experience with Dementia clients or special needs elderly is preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal skills & experience working in a team environment
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.