“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 10, 2019
Reference No: CSJ19-01
Position(s): Summer Position – Communications Assistant
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Term Length: Nine (9) weeks, 30 hours per week
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Communications Assistant will prepare the social media plan and all content/imagery for Carefor’s corporate posts occurring August 2019 – June 2020.
Canada Summer Jobs Criteria: Eligible Candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Identify and capture stories throughout Carefor (programs, services, staff, volunteers and clients) via text, photography and video
- Identify opportunities to share stories via social media and earned media
- Develop products for external promotion including social media posts and external newsletter
- Support in event planning and promotion as needed
- Develop external contacts lists
- Other duties as required
- Completes all functions and tasks in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Standards, Carefor branding guidelines, Carefor policies and procedures, and other relevant legislation
- Post-secondary education in English, Journalism or Communications
- Exceptional written and oral English skills
- An interest and ability to conduct research, write interesting and effective social posts
- Experience in social media coordination – for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Well organized, independent, self-starter
- Possesses good judgment, professional, ability to meet deadlines
- Experience using MSOffice and Hootsuite
- Knowledge of InDesign software, photography skills, and video editing software, an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.