“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 10, 2019
Reference No: CSJ19-003
Position(s): Summer Position – IT Systems Administrator
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Term Length: Nine (9) weeks, 30 hours per week
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for aiding the IT department with a variety of tasks related to deploying and installing hardware, asset tracking and management and first level user support.
Canada Summer Jobs Criteria: Eligible Candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Provide end-user mobile support for Blackberry & Android devices
- Create and maintain manuals / documentation for software, hardware and network administration
- Assist with set-up and configuration of desktop computers
- Assist with user support via remote access, email, phone, and others
- Proactively improve knowledge of hardware/software through self-studying and research
- Provide technical support and training to users as needed in software and in-house systems
- Identify, resolve, and track technical problems in a timely manner
- Assist with servers and network infrastructure, utilization and error statistics
- Provide accurate routine reports and/or tracking tools to IT Manager, outlining progress of device deployment, device failures and customer concerns
- Perform miscellaneous duties or projects as assigned
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary in an Information Technology program
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems
- Understanding of Ethernet networks / firewalls / routing / VLANS
- Software support experience (MS Office, Email, Browsers)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, French an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with solid organizational, multi-tasking, critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Great customer service skills
- Experience with Hyper V (an asset)
- Knowledge of VPN/DHCP/DNS (an asset)
- Knowledge of network security and vulnerabilities (an asset)
- Experience with Arcserve Backup (an asset)
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.