“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 10, 2019
Reference No: CSJ19-005
Position(s): Summer Position – Guest Assistant
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Term Length: Nine (9) weeks, 30 hours per week
Working as part of a team, the Guest Assistant will work with the team to facilitate the client’s stay at the Guest House by promoting their abilities and strengths. The incumbent will manage the client’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual care in keeping with the mission, goals, and objectives of the Guest House and within the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures and standards.
Canada Summer Jobs Criteria: Eligible Candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Works with the team and assists clients with various activities throughout the day
- Assists the team to provide personal care and mobility to clients
- Assists in the preparation and planning of meals
- Van escort to and from the day program
- Ongoing studies in Recreation & Leisure, Social Services Worker, Personal Support Worker, Creative Arts, Dementia Studies, Gerontology preferred
- Demonstrated ability and/or interest to work with people living with dementia and/or cognitive impairments, and seniors;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.