“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 10, 2019
Reference No: CSJ19-007
Position(s): Summer Position – CEO Project Assistant
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Term Length: Nine (9) weeks, 30 hours per week
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Corporate Relations, the CEO Project Assistant will support the update of the Policy and Procedures manual and projects such as design and implementation of an e-filing structure and website updates.
Canada Summer Jobs Criteria: Eligible Candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
- Conduct interviews/surveys with directors who sign off on policy, to identify changes as well as specific upgrades to the Policy Manual
- Develop a change management plan to include time lines for managing ongoing changes as approved by the Policy Committee
- As time permits, support the development and implementation of a corporate e-filing project
- As time permits, support updates to the Board members website
- Student or Graduate in a Business Administration Program or similar program
- Proficiency in the common MS Office programs as well as faxing software, and database management
- Experience working with large database would be considered an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate administrative projects
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands, exercise tact and discretion and meet deadlines
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.