“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 25, 2019
Reference No: O19-019
Position(s): One (1) Regular Part-time 0.6 FTE Client Services Coordinator
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Hours of work: Monday, Tuesday, and every other weekend
The Client Services Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor’s approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned and client expectations are met. The Client Services Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A Client Services Coordinator may have to manage client expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
- Schedules service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager
- Provides work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans
- Ensures client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database
- Provides timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff, services providers, co-workers, Managers and Supervisors, clients and customers
- Verifies visit confirmations from field staff and processes in a timely manner to be processed by the billing department
- Verifies payroll information for field staff in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of hours, mileage, stats and premiums
- Contacts LHIN regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates
- Works collaboratively as part of a team willing to assist others and mentor new staff
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Functions and completes all duties in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies, procedures, and standards
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited College or University
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- Experience using database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands, and demonstrated flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and circumstances
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.