“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: March 11, 2019
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, Eastern Counties, the Manager, Clinical Services is responsible for the general management and of the Community Based Personal Support Services Programs, Cancer Support Group, Camp Erin, Wellness Clinics, and Elder Abuse Program. The Manager, Clinical Services, ensures that that services are offered within a quality/risk management and ethics frameworks, promotes the importance of values, ethics, and vision by guiding individuals and groups towards achieving the organization’s goals.
- Managing program financial resources including budget preparation and approval of expenses
- Managing human capital, including staff/volunteer recruitment and performance management
- Providing direction, support and guidance to Program Supervisors, staff & volunteers.
- Setting team objectives and work plans. Leads and supports Program teams in attaining performance objectives.
- Effectively resolving conflicts
- Developing modified work placements
- Reviewing, monitoring and overseeing admission processes
- Engages with clients and families regarding concerns, unmet needs, unique requests, wait lists and all reportable occurrences
- Reporting on progress in meeting program performance targets.
- Assists in monitoring, measuring, and evaluating the Quality Management & Ethics frameworks CQI and Lean process for the programs and services
- Works in collaboration with the Director to collect and analyze client, customer and employee input and uses this information to improve the programs and services
- Becoming familiar with Accreditation Canada’s required organizational practices, and the program based standards.
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Nursing, BScN, Recreation, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a community based service organization with at least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Experience in labour management negotiations
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written),
- Experience and/or training in conflict resolution and in developing/facilitating staff training
- Ability to work in a high demand environment and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and other programs
- Effective conflict management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience with change management
- Familiarity with the quality management approach and experience with quality management initiative
- Direct experience in care-planning with individuals with Alzheimer’s and other related dementias considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 932-0998 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.