“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: February 5, 2019
Reference No: RCH19-05
Position(s): One (1) 0.56 FTE Regular Part-time Cook
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Richmond Care Home is a full service retirement home for women with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. Situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, the Home offers a small home-like, supportive environment for a maximum of 16 residents.
The cook prepares, completes and serves daily nutritious meals and snacks for the residents of the home, taking into consideration allergies and preferences. Required to encourage independence of the residents by having them assist with preparation, cooking/baking and clean up duties. Always following the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will be expected to be available to work every second (2nd) weekend.
If you are a qualified Personal Support Worker, additional Personal Support shifts may be available.
- Experience in food service, preferably within the health care sector
- Reliable and dependable in providing care for the clients
- Food Handler Certificate
- CPR and First Aid an asset
- Experience organizing and planning nutritious meals
- Available to work every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in accepting a variety of assignments
- Household management experience
- Experience working with clients who have dementia or Alzheimer’s an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with the elderly with special needs
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Access to a vehicle required (Richmond Care Home is not accessible by bus)
- Preference will be given to applicants who have shown a commitment to furthering their job related skills through training and education
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Personal Support Worker certificate an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.