“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 9, 2019
Reference No: A18-016
Position(s): One (1) Regular Part-time 0.4 FTE Dietitian
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Dietitian is responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community. The Dietitian will be able to provide clinically effective and cost efficient care to the client using a client centred approach that includes development of a client care plan, provision of dietetic teaching and treatment in order to enable the client to achieve the care plan goals.
- Reviews pertinent history and medical information; Evaluates client and establishes care plan
- Implements strategies or interventions according to the established care plan, revises as required
- Evaluates, describes and documents client’s/family’s progress towards the achievement of outcomes
- Documents client care activity clearly and accurately in a concise fashion according to Carefor standards
- Demonstrates evidence of consultation and negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manages these responsibly
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching
- Refers clients to appropriate levels and type of care and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.