“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 4, 2019
Reference No: GH19-01
Position(s): One (1) Full time Term Position - January to March 31, 2019
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Team Leader is responsible for planning, implementing, assisting, and revising the program plan. They are also responsible for Human Resources Coordination, Quality/Risk Management and the completion/tracking of the documentation to support individuals at the Guest House. While doing this they must ensure everything is done within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures and standards. The Team Leader collaborates with members of the program team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain optimal level of independence and well-being.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this you will be expected to work the schedule as posted. However, Carefor does reserve the right to change the schedule as required.
- Degree/Diploma in relevant social services discipline; developmental services
- Minimum of three (3) years previous experience working in a related field with clients who have dementia
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate preferred
- Bilingualism required (English, French)
- Strong communication skills and ability to build rapport with participants, families and community partners
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Internet and web based referral tools
- Strong leadership and decision making skills while working as part of a team
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.