“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: December 4, 2018
Reference No: O18-070
Position(s): One (1) Fulltime Billing Clerk
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Accounting, the Billing Clerk is responsible for all aspects of the billing process. Working as part of a billing team, the billing clerk is responsible for the preparation, completeness, and accuracy of weekly billings.
- Review and validate client and employee appointment activity including travel reimbursement
- Create, review and submit electronic billing files per funder requirements
- Prepare, review, monitor and distribute billing reports to stakeholders
- Process and reconcile weekly billing status reports received from funders
- Review and process billing corrections
- Prepare and report statistical data on billing activity
- Provide customer-focused service by responding professionally to the needs of internal and external clients
- Adapt to changing deadlines and tasks, and contribute to continuous quality improvement in order to complete billing assignments in a timely and efficient manner
- Post-secondary diploma in a business related field such as Accounting, Finance or Office Administration
- Minimum 2+ years’ office and administration experience; preference will be given to individuals that have experience with electronic billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and account reconciliations
- Strong ability and experience with computer systems, including Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.