“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: August 21, 2019
Reference No: PRDP19-08
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Term Program Assistant - July 2019 to January 2020
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Carefor Adult Day Program is a planned program of activities designed to promote the well-being of people living with Dementia. Participants benefit from socializing with others. Caregivers benefit by getting a break from their caregiving duties while knowing that a loved one is in good hands. Carefor Adult Day programs are conveniently located in the community in safe, supportive, and cheerful environments.
Under the direction of the Manager or Team Leader and in accordance with Carefor and Program policies, procedures and practices, the Program Assistant provides support for the Program Clients and their families and ensures clients well being and safety.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this you will be expected to work the schedule as posted. However, Carefor does reserve the right to change the schedule as required.
- • Works with the team and assists clients with various activities throughout the day
- • Assists Clients with personal care and mobility
- • Planning and preparing meals
- • Grocery orders
- • Van escort to and from the program
- • Certificate, Diploma or Degree in one of the following: Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Gerontology, Recreation, Social Services Worker
- • Experience working with seniors who have Alzheimer’s or Dementia mandatory
- • Ability to demonstrate an understanding and caring attitude towards individuals from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
- • Good Assessment skills
- • Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- • Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work independently
- • Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR level B Certificate
- • Completion of the Food Handler course
- • Bilingualism French/English as asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.