“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 15, 2018
Reference No: ADM18-025
Position(s): One (1) Fulltime Fundraising Specialist
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Carefor Health & Community Services is seeking a Fundraising Specialist to join our team. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the coordination, implementation and evaluation of an inspiring and multi-faceted fundraising strategy in the Ottawa region. With leadership support, the Fundraising Specialist will lead key fundraising events, direct mail campaigns and other strategic activities designed to raise charitable funds to help those in need access our services and for re-investment in the improvement of our organization.
- Leads the design and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising strategy and annual work plan
- Tracks and reports on progress toward fundraising goals Identifies volunteer roles, recruits and organizes volunteers for fundraising activities
- Plans, organizes and coordinates special events
- Secures and coordinates sponsorship (in kind and cash); implements a strategy for managing existing donors and event participants
- Researches, identifies, and capitalizes on new avenues/forums to establish strategic alliances and new relationships with third party event donors and high level supporters
- Leverages special events for fundraising purposes
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary education in fundraising or a related field (e.g., marketing, communications)
- Certified Fund Raising Executive, an asset
- Minimum of three years fundraising experience, including management of volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers
- Proven experience soliciting and closing large gifts
- Strong project management, planning and evaluation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort and excitement in making asks and building donor relationships
- Exceptional donor, sponsor, volunteer and prospect relationship-building skills (including the ability to respond effectively to inquiries and complaints)
- Bilingualism, an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.