“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 2, 2018
Reference No: ADM18-024
Position(s): One (1) Human Resources Administrator
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Human Resources Administrator provides administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department. The incumbent facilitates the effective functioning of processes within the department.
- Administers the internal and external job posting processes in accordance with the Collective Agreements and Carefor policies. Posts positions, receives applications, assesses applicants’ seniority and service, and notifies successful and unsuccessful app
- Arranges and administers candidate testing and reference checking
- Maintains the recruitment database and/or Applicant Tracking System
- Helps set up and operate hiring fairs
- Tracks status of open positions and reports on same
- Prepares materials for new employee orientations and assists with delivery of orientation
- Prepares offer letters for internal and external positions using established templates
- Collects required documentation and credential verification from new employees, and ensures that all documentation is received
- Enters and updates employee information in the HRIS. Processes changes to employee information.
- Sets up and maintains employee files
- Enters and updates employee information in the HRIS. Processes changes to employee information
- Collects documentation to enrol employees in benefits, pension and other programs
- Prepares recurring and ad hoc reports for, and on behalf of, the Director using the HRIS or other data sources. Prepares presentations and documents on behalf of the Director including reports and presentations for the Board of Directors
- Assists with the planning and execution of employee recognition events
- Diploma in human resources, business administration, office administration, or a related field
- Two or more years experience providing office administrative support. Experience in a Human Resources department and/or working with a HRIS is an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Strong Microsoft Windows skills and a high degree of comfort in using various computer applications, such as HRIS
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations using the MS Office suite
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects while working within tight timelines
- Ability to effectively manage changing timelines, priorities and unexpected tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self directed – able to work independently
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.