“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 23, 2019
Reference No: ADM19-010
Position(s): Manager, Finance and Accounting
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As the Manager, Finance and Accounting , you will be responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting for Carefor's Ottawa operations. Key responsibilities include managing a team of finance professionals, billing processes, leading the financial close process, and preparation and analysis of the financial statements and reports.
- Responsible for the supervision, hiring, orientation and training of billing, verification, accounting and accounts receivable staff
- Provide coaching, mentoring, direction, cross training and technical accounting support as required
- Establish goals, objectives, and work plans that support Carefor’s strategic direction and departmental objectives and timelines
- Lead the month end close process for Ottawa operations and ensures timely reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Analyze, verify and review financial and statistical reports for accuracy in a timely manner to ensure ability to meet internal and external reporting deadlines
- Plan, direct and coordinate the client billing and verification process following established timelines, collaborate with other departments to ensure billing discrepancies and issues are resolved expediently and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Reconcile government funding and coordinate required government reporting
- Liaise with, and provide working paper and support documentation to external auditors
- Ensure that all financial and accounting activities follow GAAP, CRA, OHRS, and Carefor’s policies and procedures
- Prepare reviews and analyze monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc financial reports
- Develop and document procedures and guidelines for finance and accounting activities
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and implement changes to improve internal controls, accuracy of financial data, and compliance
- Oversee commodity tax processing (HST, GST, and Excise) and compliance
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) required
- Five years progressive experience in accounting, audit or equivalent
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Advanced skills in integrated accounting systems, budgeting and forecasting tools and report design
- Experience developing policies, procedures, internal controls and ensuring compliance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership, coaching, training, supervising, and mentoring
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, deal effectively with people internally and externally, and prioritize workload
- Knowledge and experience in financial analysis
- Experience in a not for profit organization or registered charity is an asset
- Experience leading employees in a unionized environment is an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.