“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 17, 2018
Position(s): Casual Driver
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Under the supervision of the Community Support Services Manager, the Driver operates a passenger van to transport clients safely and efficiently to non-urgent medical appointments and Adult Day Programs.
Hours of work: Evenings & Weekends
- Pick up client at specified location, at designated time and transport to their destination on time
- Guide or assist client to get in and out of the vehicle
- Escort clients as required from door to door and if necessary ensure the appropriate person at the destination is aware of the client’s arrival
- Load mechanical aids, handling equipment safely and carefully to prevent damage. Ensue aids or other items are secured in the vehicl
- Reports any incident or concern regarding client to manager, e.g. changes in condition, increasing frailty, confusion or forgetfulness
- May be assigned to take vehicle to the service center for maintenance
- Accurately completes records of drives, mileage, fares, and time as required by Carefor
- Secondary school education preferred
- Must have a current valid driver’s license, Class G or higher in the province of Ontario (not graduated license)
- No known health conditions that may impair driving safety
- Must be at least 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Must have own vehicle insurance policy with $2 million coverage is preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.