“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 30, 2019
Position(s): Casual Driver
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Under the supervision of the Community Support Services Manager, the Driver operates a passenger van to transport clients safely and efficiently to non-urgent medical appointments and Adult Day Programs.
Hours of work: Evenings & Weekends
- Pick up client at specified location, at designated time and transport to their destination on time
- Guide or assist client to get in and out of the vehicle
- Escort clients as required from door to door and if necessary ensure the appropriate person at the destination is aware of the client’s arrival
- Load mechanical aids, handling equipment safely and carefully to prevent damage. Ensue aids or other items are secured in the vehicl
- Reports any incident or concern regarding client to manager, e.g. changes in condition, increasing frailty, confusion or forgetfulness
- May be assigned to take vehicle to the service center for maintenance
- Accurately completes records of drives, mileage, fares, and time as required by Carefor
- Secondary school education preferred
- Must have a current valid driver’s license, Class G or higher in the province of Ontario (not graduated license)
- No known health conditions that may impair driving safety
- Must be at least 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Must have own vehicle insurance policy with $2 million coverage is preferred
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.