“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 25, 2019
Position(s): Two (2) Full-time Occupational Therapists
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The goal of Carefor’s Allied Health team is to enhance client outcomes through the effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
As part of an interdisciplinary health care team, you will conduct client assessments and develop interventions to assist clients in developing skills, restoring functions and independence, maintain abilities, and promoting health and safety.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a flexible, 75-hour bi-weekly, schedule at a competitive salary. Carefor offers its full-time employees a company paid benefits plan, as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
- Complete assessments of the client/caregiver and their environment
- Develop care plans with clients and caregivers
- Document care plans and client care activities Utilize best practices to achieve client-centered outcomes
- Utilize proactive preventative measures, early intervention, client/caregiver education and self-management support, to facilitate client independence, community integration and aging at home
- Play an integral role in promoting client independence and facilitating the safe provision of care in the home
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
- 2-5 years clinical practice experience preferred
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in community health is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.