“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 17, 2018
Position(s): Two (2) Full-time Occupational Therapists
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The goal of Carefor’s Allied Health team is to enhance client outcomes through the effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
As part of an interdisciplinary health care team, you will conduct client assessments and develop interventions to assist clients in developing skills, restoring functions and independence, maintain abilities, and promoting health and safety.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a flexible, 75-hour bi-weekly, schedule at a competitive salary. Carefor offers its full-time employees a company paid benefits plan, as well as a defined benefit pension plan.
- Complete assessments of the client/caregiver and their environment
- Develop care plans with clients and caregivers
- Document care plans and client care activities Utilize best practices to achieve client-centered outcomes
- Utilize proactive preventative measures, early intervention, client/caregiver education and self-management support, to facilitate client independence, community integration and aging at home
- Play an integral role in promoting client independence and facilitating the safe provision of care in the home
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
- 2-5 years clinical practice experience preferred
- Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in community health is an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.