“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 12, 2018
Reference No: ADM18-021
Position(s): One (1) Fulltime Executive Assistant
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Director of Ottawa Community Support Services, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to members of the senior management team (usually Directors). Working collaboratively with other Executive Assistants and external contacts, the incumbent facilitates the effective operation of the department or division’s administrative and record keeping functions.
- Arranges and accepts internal and external meetings on behalf of the Director
- In advance of meetings, requests agenda items, prepares and distributes agendas and meeting materials
- Maintains action lists arising from meetings; tracks and reports on status of action items
- Organizes and schedules events, both internal and external, such as workshops, stakeholder engagement sessions, etc.
- Receives reports and tracks data on behalf of the Director
- Compiles standard and ad hoc reports for, and on behalf of, the Director
- Prepares presentations and documents on behalf of the Director including reports and presentations for the Board or external groups
- Establishes and maintains a record retention system for the Director
- Enters data into various IT systems, following established guidelines
- Receives, screens, and prioritizes the Director’s e-mail, voice mail, and correspondence
- Preparation and submission of the Director’s expenses
- Purchasing of certain equipment and materials on behalf of the Director
- Approval and submission of time sheets for the Director’s staff
- Diploma in business administration, office management, or a related field
- 3+ years experience providing office administrative support, including support to senior management
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong skills with Microsoft Windows and a high degree of comfort in using various computer applications
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations using the MS Office suite
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects while working within tight timelines
- Ability to effectively manage changing timelines, priorities and unexpected tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self directed – able to work independently
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.