“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 3, 2018
Reference No: O18-061
Position(s): One (1) Full Time Bilingual Receptionist – Evenings
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Hours of Work: 12:00pm-8:30pm
Under the direction and supervision of the Client Service management team, the Receptionist is responsible for both reception and clinical administrative functions. General receptionist duties include: greeting clients and visitors, receiving and directing incoming calls through multiple telephone lines, answering and responding to client queries, coordinating mail and courier pickups, monitoring meeting rooms and other administrative tasks. Clinic receptionist duties include: greeting clients, conducting admission paperwork with new client and directing clients to the nursing clinics, coordinating daily nursing and foot care clinics, setting up and revising service plans which include booking and confirming appointments, handling payments and issuing receipts as well as cleaning and autoclaving nursing tools and equipment. Responsible for other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Answers incoming calls received through switch board, directs callers to appropriate resources and monitor pages and callers “on hold”
- Receives all visitors, verifies client ID’s if required for privacy reasons and advises appropriate staff of their arrival
- Maintains inventory of temporary passes and issues to staff and visitors in accordance with established procedures
- Coordinates daily nursing and foot care clinics for Belfast location
- Accepts, tracks and directs clients to nursing and foot care clinics, receives new clients by asking them to fill out new admission paperwork, sets up and revises service plans, which include booking and confirming appointments, handles payments from clie
- Cleans and autoclaves nursing tools and equipment, as required by manufacturer and safety requirements
- Picks up and sorts mail, issues postage and maintain postage meter, arranges courier pick-up and any other administrative duties
- Functions and reports in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies, procedures, and standards
- Minimum two year post-secondary diploma in business administration or related program
- Minimum three years receptionist experience working with high volume, multi-location and multi-line phone system
- Proficiency with computers and database software, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and handle difficult demands
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Bilingualism (French/English) mandatory
- Ability to work weekends
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.