“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 12, 2019
Reference No: ADM19-007
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Manager, Nursing Services
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Manager, Nursing Services strategically designs, manages and leads Carefor’s nursing services to ensure the program operates efficiently and effectively. Using a continuous quality improvement framework, she/he leads a team of nurses to deliver holistic nursing services to clients in their homes and communities within the region. The manager leads services that meet the organization’s mission, vision and values as well as Accreditation Canada standards and leading practices in their field. She/he promotes a learning culture, ensuring that high quality education, training and tools/resources are available and accessible to the team as needed. She/he coaches and mentors a team of Supervisors to achieve both individual and program performance objectives. She/he is a member of the client services leadership team and plays an active role in planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating enhancement projects using a change management approach to continuously improve nursing services. She/he represents Carefor at various nursing-related committees and educational events in the region.
- Develops and leads a team of community nurses using effective multi-modal communication techniques (e.g., team times, nursing newsletters, etc.)
- Promotes a continuous learning culture through coaching and mentoring staff to attain individual and operational performance objectives
- Responds to client events and complaints with proper investigation and response; develops improvement plans and educates nurses for learning purposes. Attends client-focused case management meetings at the LHIN, as required
- Leads and supports nursing supervisors to ensure they have the tools and resources required to effectively support nurses in the community
- Works closely with the Director to establish annual operational performance objectives for the program, in accordance with Carefor’s strategic goals
- Works closely with the Director to budget for the program and monitors monthly financial reports; identifies and analyzes trends and issues facing the program and services
- Contributes to program structure design, talent management and recruitment and retention of nursing team (e.g., on-boarding, performance management, professional development, etc.)
- Provides coverage for other members of the client services team when unavailable or off-site
- Collects, analyzes and reports on data required for LHIN performance targets (key performance indicators) to evaluate program efficiency and effectiveness; contributes to strategies for improvement
- Represents Carefor at various community tables, nursing related committees and other related events
- Registered Nurse, BScN preferred
- Masters in Nursing, Business Admin or Health Admin, an asset
- Minimum 2 years of progressive management responsibility
- Experience in community health nursing, preferred
- Experience in external relations, negotiating/conflict management, program and budget management
- Experience working in a unionized environment, an asset
- Experience with quality improvement frameworks and improvement initiatives (e.g., LEAN training an asset)
- Experience working within a quality management framework and delivering service excellence to clients
- Experience in coaching and leading people; excellent communication skills; experience using multi-modal approaches to regularly and effectively communicate with a remote team
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a calming and supportive manner
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and adult education skills; experience with learning organizations and supporting professional development
- Highly developed computer skills and experience working with scheduling databases
- Ability to adapt to, promote and facilitate change
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.