“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: December 31, 2019
Reference No: AMD19-014
Position(s): One (1) Client Services Supervisor
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As a Client Services Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily staffing, scheduling and coordination of client care visits in the Visit Nursing, Allied Health and Personal Support Services Programs, as well as the Ottawa reception desk. You will deliver an engaging orientation environment, encouraging and supporting ongoing training, ensuring expectations and accountabilities are understood, and completing regular performance reviews. You will also be responsible for the standard work and associated operational processes associated with program coordination. In collaboration with the respective Program Managers and subject matter experts, you will develop procedures for all program business practices, while understanding that changes in one department can create system change in other departments. You will also be able to embrace and enable technology to further innovate and build efficiency and effectiveness for program improvement.
- Oversees and assists Program Managers with the overall operation of Client Services clerical staff
- Provides guidance and advice to Client Services Coordinators when operational challenges are identified
- Meets with staff every 6 months to review performance goals, staff achievements and areas of further development
- Evaluates new employee orientation and probationary periods, determines if additional education, mentoring, coaching or additional performance improvement planning is required
- Collaborates with other Supervisors and Managers to provide leadership to the Client Services team, and to create an environment conducive to respectful, empowering working relationships
- Commitment to managing using data, and promotes continuous quality improvement
- Evaluates processes and implements strategies to increase efficiencies, using a lean approach
- Develops procedures for all business practices in Client Services, evaluates and revises policies and procedures on an ongoing basis based on changes in practice and requirements from funder or partner organization
- Provides staff work schedules that meet employee and client needs while maximizing continuity of care, while working within the provisions of Collective Agreements, Labour Standards and funder or partner organization guidelines
- Monitors time away from work such as sick, stats, overtime and vacation credits for staff requiring time off based on reports from Payroll and Human Resources
- Arranges the preceptorship of students for Visit Nursing and Allied Health Programs in collaboration with Program Managers
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Health or related field (required)
- Experience in using data to improvement performance (required)
- Experience with LEAN methodology (preferred)
- Experience in the administration of community health care (preferred)
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and the ability to delegate tasks (required)
- Previous experience working with scheduling software (preferred)
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, and database management (required)
- Experience working in a unionized environment and interpreting collective agreements (preferred)
- Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills (required)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities (required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities (required)
- Advanced communication skills (both written and oral) and an understanding of effective communication tools (required)
- Bilingualism in French and English (preferred)
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.