“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: February 5, 2019
Reference No: RCH19-03
Position(s): One (1) Casual, One (1) 0.6 FTE Regular Part-Time Term Evenings (term ends in December 2019), One (1) Full-time Overnights Awake
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Richmond Care Home is a full service retirement home for women with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. Situated in the Village of Richmond, Ontario, the Home offers a small home-like, supportive environment for a maximum of 16 residents.
The Personal Support Worker assists with personal support and homemaking services for the residents of the Richmond Care Home (RCH). They operate within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. In collaboration with other members of the health care team they work to meet the needs of the residents; to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will be expected to be available to work every second (2nd) weekend. You may be asked to provide service during day, evening or overnight hours. As a full-time Carefor employee, you will be eligible for a full benefit package including holidays, medical/dental benefits, and Carefor pension plan.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Reliable and dependable in providing care for the clients
- Proven ability to follow Carefor Policies and Procedures
- Available to provide service during day, evening, or overnight hours
- Available to work every second weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in accepting a variety of assignments
- Household management experience
- Working with clients that have dementia or Alzheimer’s
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Access to a vehicle required (Richmond Care Home is not accessible by bus)
- Preference will be given to applicants who have shown a commitment to furthering their job related skills through training and education
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.