“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 28, 2018
Reference No: WEDP18-08
Position(s): Two (2) Casual Position
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
Carefor is a dynamic charitable, nonprofit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care and support services throughout Eastern Ontario. Carefor’s Carling Adult Day Programs offering a dynamic and supportive day away for people living with dementia as well as seniors living with mental health issues. Participants benefit from socializing with others. Caregivers benefit by getting a break from their caregiving duties while knowing that a loved one is in good hands.
Working under the direct direction of the Supervisor and Team Leader, as well as in accordance with Carefor and Program policies, procedures and practices, the Program Assistant provides support for the program clients and their families and ensures clients well being and safety.
- Assists with the implementation of the socio-recreational adult day programs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assists with set and tear down of activities;
- Assists clients with and participate in social/group activities such as art, cards, billiards, board games, trivia games etc
- Participates in group discussions and individual conversations with clients regarding: current events, life experiences, and any other topic of specific interest to the client;
- Assists clients with daily exercise program and other physically active games;
- Assists with the organization of special events planned;
- Assists Clients with personal care and mobility
- Planning and preparing meals
- Grocery orders
- Van escort to and from the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in one of the following: Developmental Service Worker, Recreation & Leisure, Social Services Worker, Personal Support Worker, Dementia Studies, Gerontology
- Experience working with individuals living with Dementia and/or seniors with Mental Health issues
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and caring attitude towards individuals from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
- Special consideration will be given to those applicants with abilities in music and/or have artistic pursuits
- Good Assessment skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work independently
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR level B Certificate
- Completion of the Food Handler course
- Bilingualism French/English as asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.