“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: October 31, 2018
Reference No: ADM18-015
Position(s): One (1) Manager, Communications & Marketing
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Manager, Communications and Marketing supports Carefor’s strategic direction through the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy and implementation plan.
With support from Carefor’s leadership team, he/she manages internal and external communications to ensure appropriate reach, consistency in messaging and alignment of corporate brand. The Manager, Communications and Marketing also ensures that appropriate and effective communications methods are utilized across the organization.
The Manager, Communications and Marketing is also responsible for Carefor’s media (social and mainstream) and public relations as well as key marketing initiatives and organizational branding.
- The Manager, Communications and Marketing supports Carefor’s strategic direction through the development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy and implementation plan.
- Develops, implements and evaluates communications strategies to ensure timely, responsive, and appropriate communication between all Carefor stakeholders (e.g., leadership, staff, volunteers, clients, media, partners and funders)
- Provides communications and public relations advice to the CEO and senior leadership team to further enhance visibility
- Manages and oversee the organization’s website
- Develops, implements and oversees internal communication and collaboration tools and solutions (e.g. intranet)
- Manages the production of Carefor annual reports and other strategic documents, including the development of feature themes, photography, graphics, content development, evaluation and final production
- Provides proofreading and editing support for program and service publications, pamphlets and other Carefor material
- Leads procurement activities related to communication needs (e.g. translation services, annual report) and manages associated service contracts
- Works with external partners on joint projects to ensure consistent messaging and mutual communication goals are achieved
- Oversees and manages the execution of special events (e.g. special visits, fundraising events, media briefings)
- Represents Carefor at various events throughout the region; and
- Develops strategic alliances and partnerships within the community to promote Carefor programs and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field. Master’s degree would be considered an asset
- Experience in marketing, branding, media relations (including social media) and working with service providers and vendors, preferably in a health care environment
- Experience with communications product design and development
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment and execute multiple projects within challenging timelines
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of progressive management responsibility. Experience managing in a unionized environment is an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.