“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 20, 2018
Reference No: ADM18-014
Position(s): One (1) Facilities Manager
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
We have an opportunity for a Facilities Manager reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
As a member of the local management team, you will oversee building, grounds and equipment maintenance programs, manage vendor support agreements, coordinate facility improvement projects and work in collaboration with internal departments to ensure our facilities are operated and maintained in accordance with best practices.
As an ideal candidate, you thrive in a fast pasted environment where change in the norm. You work well with others, are proactive and comfortable with Microsoft office tools.
- Develop and execute preventative and responsive maintenance programs for owned and leased facilities and equipment
- Manage contracted maintenance services including procurement
- Develop operating and capital plans and budget requirements
- Oversees building security and protection services
- Maintain fire safety plans and oversees fire inspections; organize and execute regular fire drills and site evacuations
- Oversee waste management, recycling and bio-medical waste disposal programs
- Coordinate space planning, furniture purchasing and installation and office moves
- Assist with business continuity and disaster recovery contingency planning
- Monitors the workplace for safe work practices and conditions and participates as a member of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Three or more years of experience with facility management in a multi-site environment. Health care facility experience is an asset
- Project management or facility management certifications such as PMP, FMP is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software and tools
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and health and safety legislation
- Strong planning, organizing and communication skills
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.