“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: June 8, 2020
Position(s): Full-time positions
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local, charitable, non-profit home health care and community support service organization. We offer a wide range of programs and services, supporting clients and caregivers of all ages.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses) for the Registered Practical Nurse. The RPN is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
This position qualifies for $4.00/hr Pandemic Pay
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day’s work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Wound care experience preferred
- High tech skills or willing to be trained
- IV Initiation and Management skills
- Palliative experience preferred
- LEAP training preferred or willing to obtain
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.