“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: N18-11
Position(s): Fulltime and Part-time Positions Available
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses) for the Registered Practical Nurse. The RPN is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day’s work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Wound care experience preferred
- High tech skills or willing to be trained
- IV Initiation and Management skills
- Palliative experience preferred
- LEAP training preferred or willing to obtain
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.