“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Reference No: N18-08
Position(s): Full-time and Part-time Positions Available
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The RN is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses). The RN is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client utilizing pre-set procedures
- Develops a care plan with the client and family based on the nursing assessment; incorporating discharge planning
- Implements nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Performs technical nursing skills at a safe level in accordance with nursing principles and Carefor’s policies and procedures
- Describes, evaluates and documents client/family responses to care plan utilizing established procedures and the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes, and revises the plan as required
- Describes and documents nursing processes clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately, according to Carefor documentation standards
- Demonstrates respect for client’s choices and decisions
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Reports and discusses client's status on a regular basis with other members of the health care team
- Acting as a wound champion to manage wounds based on best practice
- Registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario
- High tech skills required (with IV restart)
- Wound Care and Compression bandaging preferred or willing to be trained
- Palliative experience preferred
- LEAP training or willing to take as a requirement to palliative care provision
- Experience in community health care preferred
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use required
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.