“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 6, 2018
Reference No: O18-039
Position(s): One (1) Full Time IT Application Support
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT application support is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user support and productivity issues as they related to GoldCare and other applications. This will be accomplished by performing question/problem diagnoses, guiding users through to issue resolution, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly language, and conducting end-user training where necessary. IT application Support is also responsible for recording and managing problems/resolutions within the IT issue tracking system.
- Weekends, evening and on call work may be required
- Valid driver`s license and access to reliable vehicle
- Overtime as required
- Resolve end-user application issues on software and hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configuration, password reset, etc.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Application troubleshooting, performance tuning and configuration
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access)
- Assist server and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and configuration issues
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues
- Vendor liaison for resolving support issues
- Manage, prioritize and action work orders/IT tickets according to severity; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process
- Follows established change management processes
- Provides testing for software releases, supplements, upgrades & patch fixes
- Maintains two way communication with IT staff and system user
- Provide training to employees, teaching basic application skills to minimize tickets and enable employees to troubleshoot and find solutions to recurring problems
- Contribute to knowledge base to identify trends, trouble spots and to proactively resolve issues
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records and other documents as required
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness
- Provide cover off support for IT Desktop Support personal
- Minimum two year college or university degree in an IT related field
- Two or more years of direct work experience in software application management and end user support
- Experience/knowledge with enterprise client scheduling software (such as GoldCare CIMS, Procura or similar) will be an asset
- IT experience in a health care environment is an asset
- Able to diagnose problems and provide software and hardware support for a wide range of applications using available resources
- Experience with Microsoft software and tools
- Able to quickly analyze issues and determine best course of action
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the IT organization
- Knowledge of IT management software tools
- Excellent written, oral, and telephone communication skills
- Able to communicate in user-friendly language
- Knowledge of computer workstation setup.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Team player able to work under pressure
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.