“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 24, 2019
Position(s): One (1) Full-time Foot Care RPN
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As a Foot Care Nurse, with Advanced Foot Care training, is responsible for providinga wide range of foot care services, either in the home, in a Carefor clinics, at the Perley Rideau Health Center or at our community foot care clinics. Foot care nurse will utilize a General & Diabetic Foot Assessment Tool which follows the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Best Practice Guideline “Reducing Foot Complications for People with Diabetes”, on all new admission clients to Carefor.
- Currently registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification in advanced foot care required
- Experience in foot care clinics required
- Previous community experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Good knowledge of IT technology i.e. laptop, cellphones
- Bilingualism (French/English) considered an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.