“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: January 28, 2019
Reference No: O19-001
Position(s): One (1) Part-time 0.6 FTE Client Services Coordinator
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The Client Services Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor’s approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned and client expectations are met. The Client Services Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A Client Services Coordinator may have to manage client expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
You could be scheduled to work day, evening and weekend shifts, and your fair share of statutory holidays.
- Schedules service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager
- Provides work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care;
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans
- Ensures client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database
- Provides timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff, services providers, co-workers, Managers and Supervisors, clients and customers
- Verifies visit confirmations from field staff and processes in a timely manner to be processed by the billing department
- Verifies payroll information for field staff in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of hours, mileage, stats and premiums
- Contacts CCAC regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates
- Works collaboratively as part of a team willing to assist others and mentor new staff
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Functions and completes all duties in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies, procedures, and standards
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited College or University
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- Experience using database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands, and demonstrated flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and circumstances
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.