“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: November 9, 2019
Reference No: ICH19-04
Position(s): Six (6) Casual Client Care Worker positions
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
The Client Care Worker (CCW) provides personal care, medication assistance and support to homeless clients in specialized units within three downtown shelters, two facilities in the west end, and one facility in the east end. The CCW will work within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. The CCW collaborates with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain an optimal level of independence and wellbeing.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will be expected to be available to work a minimum of 6 shifts per month, with two of these shifts being on a weekend, but you are permitted to work up to forty (40) hours per week. You will be asked to provide service during day, evening or overnight hours, with a focus on evening and overnight shifts.
Hours of Work: The successful candidate must be willing to work a minimum of six shifts a month, with two of these shifts being on weekends. Must be available to work their share of Overnights, Evenings and Days
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker or related
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR level C Certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training an asset
- Suicide ASIST training an asset
- Mental Health First Aid an asset
- Food Handler Certificate an asset
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in Palliative Care an asset
- Experience working with the homeless population preferred
- Experience working with mentally ill clients and/or substance abusers preferred
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Carefor welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise the Recruiter.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.