“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 17, 2018
Reference No: CFW-PSS-01
Position(s): Casual Personal Support Workers
At Carefor Health & Community Services, we provide services for people of all ages and all stages of life. Our charitable, not-for-profit home health care organization stands by the same mission we've had since 1897, allowing us to proudly offer a wide variety of accessible home care and community support services that meet the individual needs of the communities we serve.
The PSW - Personal Support Worker - provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. They collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
- Secondary school education preferred
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker or Health Care Aide
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, if applicable
- Current CPR level C Certificate, if applicable
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Takes direction well
- Independent working skills
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.