“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: July 25, 2019
Position(s): Casual and Part-time Personal Support Workers
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
Casual and Part-time
The PSW - Personal Support Worker - provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. They collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
- Secondary school education preferred
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker or Health Care Aide
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, if applicable
- Current CPR level C Certificate, if applicable
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Takes direction well
- Independent working skills
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.