“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: September 25, 2019
Reference No: P19-000
Position(s): Casual and Part-time Personal Support Workers
Carefor Health & Community Services is a local not-for-profit charity that provides home healthcare and community support services across Eastern Ontario. Whether in the home, in the community, at care facilities or one of our clinics, our 1,500 staff are part of the circle of care that is tailored to patient and client needs.
As a PSW, you will provide personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home. You will collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will be have the availability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, and every second weekend. You will also have the flexibility to service clients in different geographical areas based on caseload requirements. Whenever possible, you will be assigned work in your own geographical area, and may be asked to provide service during day, evening, or overnight hours.
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Health Care Aide, Community Support Worker Basic, Community Support Worker Advanced, Student Nurse or Foreign Trained Nurse
- Secondary school education preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate an asset
- Current CPR level C Certificate an asset
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly, ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in various social and economic environments
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please apply by filling out the form below or faxing your cover letter and resume to (613) 749-4002 indicating on your cover letter or resume the position for which you are applying and the Reference Number.